Division of Port Darwin
History of name
The division was created for the first Legislative Assembly election in 1974 and given the official name for Darwin Harbour. Port Darwin was named by Lieutenant John Lort Stokes in 1839 after Charles Darwin with whom he sailed on the previous voyage of the HMS Beagle.
The division of Port Darwin includes the inner city suburbs of Cullen Bay, the Darwin CBD and Larrakeyah.
Approx. area: 5 km²
|P A Kirby||ALP||2016 - Present|
|J W Elferink||CLP||2008 - 2016|
|K D Sacilotto||ALP||2005 - 2008|
|S J Carter||CLP||2000 - 2005|
|S L Stone||CLP||1990 - 2000|
|T Harris||CLP||1977 - 1990|
|R J Withnall||IND||1974 - 1977|