Division of Sanderson
History of name
The division was created for the first Legislative Assembly election in 1974. The name Sanderson was applied to the land north of Tiwi, Wanguri and Leanyer in 1879. The name derives from Frederick James Sanderson, the South Australian Collector of Customs and President of the Marine Board from 1878 to 1894.
The division of Sanderson includes the Darwin northern suburbs of Anula, Marrara, Wagaman, and Wulagi, as well as the airport area (the non-residential part of the suburb of Eaton).
Approx. area: 21 km²
|K J Worden||ALP||2016 - Present|
|P D Styles||CLP||2008 - 2016|
|L F Kiely||ALP||2001 - 2008|
|D W Manzie||CLP||1983 - 2001|
|J D'Rozario||ALP||1977 - 1983|
|E J Andrew||CLP||1974 - 1977|