Division of Daly
History of name
The division was created following the 2000 redistribution. It is named after the Daly River which flows though the division, which in turn was named in 1865 after Sir Dominick Daly, the then Governor of South Australia.
The division of Daly surrounds the Darwin region to the south and west of the Top End. It extends to Kakadu National Park and Katherine in the east, the Victoria River and just south of the Victoria Highway in the south, and Darwin Harbour in the north. The division of Daly includes the towns of Adelaide River, Batchelor, Dundee Beach and Pine Creek, the outer Darwin suburbs of Berry Springs, Livingstone, Fly Creek, Southport, and Wagait Beach, and the remote communities of Belyuen, Nauiyu (Daly River), Nganmarriyanga, Peppimenarti, Timber Creek, and Wadeye.
Approx. area: 77,395 km²
|G J Higgins||CLP||2012 - Present|
|D R Knight||ALP||2005 - 2012|
|T D Baldwin||CLP||2001 - 2005|