Stage 1 and 2 legal studies
This program is ideally suited to legal studies students, but it is available to any school or adult group. The following content is covered:
- Democratic structures in Australia: Separation of powers, Constitution, representative government, responsible government and how these exist in the Northern Territory.
- Democratic elections: free, fair, open, contested elections that are held regularly.
- Systems of voting in Australia: first past the post, full preferential and proportional representation.
- Activity - Separation of powers (PDF, 108KB)
- Activity - Constitution (PDF, 55KB)
- Activity - Representative government (PDF, 40KB)
- Activity - Responsible government (PDF, 58KB)
- Activity - NT democratic structures (PDF, 98KB)
- Facilitator notes (PDF, 333KB)
- PowerPoint presentation (4.0MB)