Voting and counting
2021 Division of Daly: by-election
Completing your ballot paper
The voting system used in Northern Territory Legislative Assembly elections is full preferential where you must show a preference for all candidates listed on the ballot paper.
You must place the number 1 in the candidate square on the ballot paper for the person you want as your first choice. You must then place consecutively increasing whole numbers (starting with the number 2) in the candidate square on the ballot paper for each of the other candidates until a number is placed in all squares on the ballot paper.
Click on the following link to learn more.
Read how the votes are counted and the distribution of preferences is conducted.
- Federal elections
- Fee-for-service elections
- Forms and handbooks
- Legislative Assembly elections
- 2021 Division of Daly: by-election
- Local government elections
- 2021 Local Government Elections
- Frequently asked questions - elections