You can apply for a postal vote and have the ballot papers sent to your nominated address. Applications can be made now. Click on one of the following links to access the application form.
Please note that registered general postal voters are automatically sent ballot papers and are not required to lodge a new application.
When will the ballot papers be sent to me?
Once the declaration of nominations is conducted on Friday 6 August, ballot papers are printed and ballot material is forwarded from Monday 9 August.
What is the latest despatch of ballot material?
The mail-out of ballot material ceases at 6:00 pm on:
- Tuesday 24 August - to forwarding addresses outside Australia.
- Thursday 26 August - to forwarding addresses within Australia.
Your application must reach the commission before 6:00 pm to allow enough time for postage.
When do I complete my ballot paper?
You must complete your ballot paper before 6:00 pm on election day, Saturday 28 August.
Post your ballot paper, using the reply paid envelope, to the commission so it is received before 12:00 noon on Friday 10 September.
You can also hand-deliver the envelope to:
- an electoral official at any voting centre during opening hours
- a Northern Territory Electoral Commission office.
- Federal elections
- Fee-for-service elections
- Forms and handbooks
- Legislative Assembly elections
- Local government elections
- 2021 Local Government Elections
- Frequently asked questions - elections