You can apply for a postal vote and have the ballot paper sent to your nominated address. Applications for Northern Territory Legislative Assembly elections can be made within the calendar year of the election.
Apply online or download a printable form
When will the ballot paper be sent to me?
Once the declaration of nominations is conducted, ballot papers are printed and ballot material is forwarded as soon as possible thereafter.
What is the latest despatch of ballot material?
The mail-out of ballot material ceases at 5:00 pm on:
- the Tuesday before election day, to forwarding addresses outside Australia.
- the Thursday before election day, to forwarding addresses within Australia.
Your application must reach the commission before 5:00 pm to allow enough time for postage.
When do I complete my ballot paper?
You must complete your ballot paper before 6:00 pm on election day.
Post your ballot paper, using the reply paid envelope, to the commission so it is received before 12:00 noon on the second Friday following election day.
You can also hand-deliver the envelope to:
- an electoral official at any voting centre during opening hours
- a Northern Territory Electoral Commission office.
- Current elections
- Failure to vote
- Federal elections
- Fee-for-service elections
- Forms and handbooks
- Interstate elections
- Legislative Assembly elections
- Local government elections
- Frequently asked questions - elections