Financial disclosure returns - local government
Part 8.6 of the Local Government Act 2019 (the Act) introduces donation disclosure requirements for candidates at local government general elections and by-elections in the Northern Territory.
These disclosure requirements are significantly different to the financial disclosure scheme in place for Legislative Assembly elections in the Territory.
In particular, only candidates standing in a local government election are required to submit a campaign donation return, and only if they meet a threshold. This campaign donation return is only required for one election period and with no expenditure return or annual return obligations. Donors and lenders are not required to submit returns of donation disclosure.
Note: Completed returns will be uploaded to this page upon receipt
- Donation disclosure FAQs (PDF, 615KB)
- Donation disclosure handbook (PDF, 1.2MB)
- Donation disclosure information sheet (PDF, 607KB)
- 2022 Alice Springs Town Councill by-election donation return - Candidate.xlsx
- 2022 Anindilyakwa by-election donation return - candidate (xlsx)
- 2022 Gumurr Miwatj by-election donation return - candidate (xlsx)
- 2022 Gumurr Miyarrka by-election - candidate (xlsx)
- 2022 Wagait Shire by-election donation return - candidate (xlsx)
- 2022 Waters Ward by-election donation return - candidate (xlsx)